This last weekend I had the opportunity to meet Lee’s 80 year old aunt which by the way is a hoot. She filled up her glass with a nice white wine and began with the questions.
Where are you from? how long have you been married? what do you do????
Anyways, we continue to drink and she continues to ask. Im not sure how this happened but my husband mentions the fact that I was baptized in a horse trough at a prison camp, true story. Usually when people hear that they response with…”no way”, “you serious” or they laugh as if I’m joking. Barb responded differently, she simply said with an East Coast accent, tilt of her head and a shrug of the shoulder, “you are who you are”. I loved her response and I embraced it.
Let me tell you more about who I am.
- I was born in Colorado and raised on farm/ranch depending where you’re from.
- I was a clogger for 10 years.
- I showed Llamas in 4H.
- I was the fashonista in my middle school.
- I started Snowboarding at 13 years old.
- I didn’t have a swimming pool growing up so I swam in horse troughs.
- I grew up wearing cowboy “girl” boots.
- I helped my grandma drive the tractor.
- My first big responsibility was a double wide trailer.
- I drove an orange chevy caviler that was to fast to furious, it contributed to my nick name “orange crush”.
- I dated boys based off of their cars.
- I went to jail… no need to discuss why.
- I have a successful carrer 12 years and counting.
- I’m married and have a son.
- I own my own home.
- I live in California.
- AND I have loved and love every bit of my life.
My point to this is “I am who I am”.
Embrace who you are!
Tell me about you.